Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Update

Well it's been awhile since I updated really. The more and more we get more bad news the less hopeful I feel with this process so I just havent wanted to write. I was unable to get any donated meds this cycle, just 1 samble box with 1 days worth of meds (to get me started). So I was like ok we are going to do this one more time, and I bought the remaining meds to hope it could get me thru. That cost me $504 dollars.... ughhh but it was the cheapest I could find, its actually just the cheapest brand. If I could have it my way.... you pay what you get for... I would just buy the follistim because we know I respond well to that medication... but I cant afford $1700... 500 is already killing me.

So I went in for my first ulatrasound after taking 150iu of Bravelle on CD11 and we had NOTHING... one tiny little follice that was not even worth measuring. My estrogen levels were only at 42.6 which is very low so they told me to bump up my meds to 225.... uh oh.... I only have 1 vile left. I asked around if any office had samples and I managed to get 5 more vials of Bravelle. So I had my fingers crossed would be enough to finish this cycle. Maybe 225 was a better mix for me and I would finally start really responding to. 

Today I went in for another ultrasound after doing 3 days with 225iu Bravelle and I only have 1 follicle measuring about 10mm... still not good news. I have a ton of follies total, just small ones they dont even measure. So they never told me what my estrogen was but they did say I would need 9 more vials of meds to finish out this cycle with any hope.... so Im at a crossroads... do I pay another 500 bucks for something I might not responding to at all? What happens if this does work but I dont end up pregnant, then ill have wasted 1000 dollars on meds in one month and 400 on the iui itself. So After some talks with the family, I decided I needed to do this one last time for now and risk it all at a chance. If this doesnt work Ben and I have agreed we need to focus on other stuff and once he comes home we can try and squeeze a cycle in while hes still on insurance, which will be about 3 months.

This is becoming a heartbreaking journey and Im not sure anymore if its worth it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment